Healthway was established in 1991 as an independent, statutory body and operates under the Western Australian Health Promotion Act 2016 reporting to the Honourable Roger Cook MLA, Deputy Premier; Minister for Health; Medical Research; State Development; Jobs and Trade; Science.
Prevention and health promotion partnerships are key themes in the State Government’s Sustainable Health Review Report.
The Report outlines eight enduring strategies and 30 recommendations for change in the Western Australian health system.
A key priority is halting the rise in obesity and reducing harmful alcohol levels, which are risk factors for many chronic conditions.
Relevant documents and information
- Sustainable Health Review Report
- Healthy Weight Action Plan 2019-2024
- The WA Health Promotion Strategic Framework 2017 – 2021
- WA Cancer Plan 2020-2025
- Western Australian Mental Health Promotion, Mental Illness, Alcohol and Other Drugs Prevention Plan 2018 – 2025
- WA Alcohol and Drug Inter-agency Strategy 2018-2022
- State Public Health Plan for Western Australia 2019-2024.