Established under section 15 of the Tobacco Control Act 1990 we held our first board meeting on 14 February 1991, and in 2021 will celebrate 30 years of Healthway.
Since that time, we have funded more than 5,600 organisations to the value of more than $470 million.
- $470 million in grants funding to support community projects, research, and partnerships
- Widespread education around healthy eating, being active, being smoke-free, reducing harm from alcohol and being mentally healthy
- Widespread adoption of smoke-free areas across the WA community
- Better access to healthy food choices in local schools, sporting clubs, and community venues
- Better access to healthy environments that promote and support responsible service of alcohol
- Widespread adoption of sun-safe practices across sport, arts, racing and community events and settings
- Mentally healthy communities that are shaping good mental health and wellbeing.