- Incorporated organisations (including not-for-profit, companies and statutory bodies) are eligible for health promotion project grant funding.
All organisations applying for funding must:
- Be an incorporated association, company, statutory body or trust.
- Be ABN registered or provide an ATO ‘Statement By Supplier’ form.
- Fulfil all previous acquittal requirements for Healthway funded programs.
- Maintain a general public liability insurance policy of at least $10,000,000 for the period of the agreement.
- Have appropriate Health and Safety and Risk Management policies and practices in place to deliver the project(s)/event(s).
- Comply with all State and Commonwealth Laws which apply to the project.
- Not accept or have accepted any form of funding from tobacco companies or their related foundations, either directly or indirectly.
- Organisations may apply by downloading and completing the appropriate application form found on the Healthy Communities Program website.
Healthway Conditions of Funding, Letter of Offer, Agreements, and acquittal documentation must be signed by the persons legally able to enter into contracts on behalf of your organisation. We refer to them as the legal signatories. Where your organisation is an incorporated association, this document must be signed by the organisation’s Chairperson/President and another committee member. Where your organisation is a company/corporation, this document is signed in accordance with section 127 of the Corporations Act 2001 or section 99.5 of the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (whichever is applicable) by:
(a) two Directors; or
(b) a Director and a Company Secretary; or
(c) as our company/corporation has only one Director, that Director.
Your organisation’s legal signatory may choose to give this responsibility to someone else within your organisation – we refer to this person as the ‘Delegated Authority’. If this is the case for your organisation, you must complete the Delegated Authority for Healthway and/or Lotterywest grants form. You only need to complete this form once and it will remain on our records for future funding applications. If your legal signatory or ‘Delegated Authority’ changes, you will need to complete this form again.
All applications are reviewed by the Healthway team. During the review and assessment process, we will consider the following:
- If the project focuses on health promotion or the prevention of illness or injury using a population or community-based approach.
- The potential of the project to increase knowledge, change attitudes or behaviours to improve health.
- The ability of the project to address our strategic priorities or priority population groups
- The ability of the project or some of the activities to be ongoing after Healthway’s initial funding.
- If the project represents good value for money.
If the proposed project address a gap in current health promotion activity?
- Has the need for the proposed project been identified by the community and include partnerships with relevant community and health groups?
- As a general rule, we will not provide organisations with more than one Healthy Communities grant per year.
All applications are assessed by Healthway staff and recommendations are approved by the Board and Minister for Health.
- Application decisions can take around five months, though some decisions can take longer.
- Please allow sufficient time for planning and preparation of your project, as inadequate lead-time may reduce the chances of your application being successful.
Following the assessment and approval processes, we will notify you of the outcome of your application.
For grant funding up to $5,000: If successful, we will send you an Approval Letter to confirm the funded amount and the project details.
For grant funding over $5,000: If successful, we will send you an Approval Letter and Healthy Communities Grant Agreement (Agreement). Your organisation must be willing to execute an Agreement that formally describes the responsibilities of the recipient of any funding from Healthway. Please review the example Agreement on our website.
- All funding is paid through an electronic funds transfer to the bank account provided in your application. Please ensure that the account details are always kept up to date.
- Generally, for grant funding up to $5,000 the full amount will be paid once the grant is approved as long as there are no outstanding requirements.
- For grant funding over $5,000, the monies will be paid in accordance with a milestone payment schedule which is included in the Agreement. The first payment will be subject to any outstanding requirements. Further payments are then made on the satisfactory completion of stated milestones.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the Health Promotion team at Healthway to seek feedback on why the application was unsuccessful.
Yes. The request should be made in writing within 60 business days of receiving formal advice of the funding decision to the attention of the Executive Director, Healthway and signed by your organisation’s legal signatory(ies) or authorised delegate. Please include the reason for the review. We will advise you of the outcome as soon as possible but no later than 60 business days of the date of your formal request.
A request for review will not impact the consideration of any future applications.
We approve projects on the basis of the information provided in the application. However, we are also aware that things don’t always go as planned. Should circumstances arise where it cannot proceed as proposed in the application, please call our to discuss further, including opportunities to revise your project in line with the original objectives.
- Personal information collected by Healthway will be handled in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
- Your public acknowledgment of our funding helps spread the word about your initiative and our contribution to the community.
- Review our Sharing the news resource for more information.