Healthy Venues is now open to Local Government and State-owned sport and recreation centres across Western Australia.
Eligible venues can apply for funding of up to $5,000 to implement a range of promotional, educational and environmental strategies to increase healthy food and drink choices.
Please see below for details on how to apply.
Frequently asked questions
Healthway is offering funding of up to $5,000 per food and drink outlet to eligible Local Government or State-owned sport and/or recreational venues to achieve the following objectives:
- Increase the availability of healthy food and drink choices
- Increase the promotion, and where possible, the sale of healthy food and drink choices
- Remove the promotion of unhealthy food and drink choices
- Increase knowledge of healthy food and drink choices
- Provide a healthy and sustainable environment through healthy food and drink policies.
In addition to the above, the funding will also help local Health Service Providers, local community venues, venue operators, and WA School Canteen Association Inc. work together in partnership to create healthier venues.