We are committed to more Western Australians living healthy lifestyles and having better mental health and wellbeing.
Active Healthy People: 2018-2023 is our five-year strategic vision for a healthier and more active Western Australia.
Our funding is prioritised to the health issues and population groups outlined in the strategic plan.
Our priority health focus
- Increasing healthy eating
- Improving mental health
- Increasing physical activity
- Preventing harm from alcohol
- Creating a smoke-free WA.
- Work with people in the community with the greatest health needs
- Support evidence-based initiatives to deliver positive health outcomes
- Fund practical research to foster public health innovation
- Evaluate health promotion initiatives
- Partner with others to address the underlying causes of health problems
- Support the WA Government’s health promotion agenda.
- Healthy Partnership Program
- Healthy Spaces Program
- Healthy Communities Program
- Healthy Research Program