We have been working with our partners to adapt and share online health promotion activities and resources to support the health and wellbeing of our community during COVID-19. The resources and links are listed under the headings below.
- West Australian Music (WAM) resource hub to keep your passion for music alive. Find out more.
- Think Mental Health Be Positive. Be Connected. Be Active. is a campaign with resources and information to support the wellbeing of all Western Australians during COVID-19
- North Midlands Project Creative@Home is now online. It’s a program for people to Act-Belong-Commit creatively while they’re in home isolation
- West Australian Opera Ghost Light Opera is an online platform to connect with each other and share the power of music. Watch online every Saturday night at 7.30 pm.
- West Australian Opera with the support of Healthway and Act-Belong-Commit brings you Act-Belong-Commit Singing for Children. The lessons will be released every Friday through the WA Opera’s YouTube channel.
- Rugby WA released Activity and Well-Being journals to keep the community active and support positive headspace and encourage self-reflection. Find out more.
- WA Football Junior Football launched #WorkOutWednesday on their Facebook page. It features skills and drills from the coaching team every Wednesday.
- KIDDO at Home A toolkit of at-home resources for parents, carers, and teachers to engage in physical activity and fundamental movement skill development with their children. Find out more.
- Fuel to Go & Play have developed a fact sheet to provide advice to sport clubs and venues reopening their canteens now that COVID-19 restrictions are easing.
- Awesome Arts Teacher Resources for primary school children. Helping to spread the Go for 2 & 5 message of healthy eating through Creative Challenge residencies.
- Food Sensations Foodbank WA is running weekly sessions of the Food Sensations program. The sessions cover healthy eating, label reading, budgeting, and meal planning.
- The Western Australian School Canteen Association’s Fuel to Go and Play team is offering free canteen or cafe menu reviews for community venues.
- LiveLighter Shop Smart Guide The LiveLighter shopping guide will help you shop smarter not longer.
- Foodbank WA Superhero Foods: Online resources for teachers and health educators. This is a fun and fresh approach to nutrition education and cooking to empower children to make healthy lifestyle choices.
Need to talk to someone?
With the challenges that lie ahead, you may begin to feel overwhelmed.
Talking to someone may help relieve feelings of anxiety and stress and may provide a fresh perspective and strategies to help you cope with the situation.
Visit the Mental Health Commission WA’s website for a list of suitable support numbers and services available to you.