We continue to work with our partners to adapt and share online health promotion activities and resources to support the health and wellbeing of our community during COVID-19 pandemic.
These resources support positive mental health in the community. Click on the link below or image to access the resource.
Art Gallery WA online guided tour of Pulse Perspectives presents powerful themes explored by 2019 Year 12 Visual Arts graduates.
Co3 Act Belong Commit ‘Connect’ program. Under the Same Sky is a three-part education program for all students Years 6 – 12.
Barking Gecko in collaboration with ThinkArts in India has created a new digital initiative Isolate > Create > Connect to highlight the similarities and differences that children are experiencing right now across the globe.
West Australian Music (WAM) resource hub to keep your passion for music alive. Find out more.
Think Mental Health Be Positive. Be Connected. Be Active. is a campaign with resources and information to support the wellbeing of all Western Australians during COVID-19.
- North Midlands Project Creative@Home is an online program for people to Act-Belong-Commit creatively while they’re at home.
- Rugby WA released Activity and Well-Being journals to keep the community active and support positive headspace and encourage self-reflection. Find out more.
- KIDDO at Home A toolkit of at-home resources for parents, carers, and teachers to engage in physical activity and fundamental movement skill development with their children. Find out more.
- Fuel to Go & Play have developed a fact sheet to provide advice to sport clubs and venues reopening their canteens now that COVID-19 restrictions are easing.
- Awesome Arts Teacher Resources for primary school children. Helping to spread the Go for 2 & 5 message of healthy eating through Creative Challenge residencies.
- Food Sensations for Parents Foodbank is running programs for parents of 0 to 5 year olds, both online and face to face at a number of community organisations. The sessions helps parents plan, select and prepare inexpensive nutritious foods for their family and provides strategies for families to help make meal times more joyful.
- The Western Australian School Canteen Association’s Fuel to Go and Play team is offering free canteen or cafe menu reviews for community venues.
- LiveLighter Shop Smart Guide The LiveLighter shopping guide will help you shop smarter not longer.
- Foodbank WA Superhero Foods: Online resources for teachers and health educators. This is a fun and fresh approach to nutrition education and cooking to empower children to make healthy lifestyle choices.
Need to talk to someone?
Given the challenging times, you may feel overwhelmed.
Talking to someone may help relieve feelings of anxiety and stress and may provide a fresh perspective and strategies to help you cope with the situation.
Visit the Mental Health Commission WA’s website for a list of suitable support numbers and services available to you.