Having social connections, good personal relationships and being part of a community are vital to maintaining mental health.
The right foundations for mental wellbeing must be built wherever people live, learn, work and play.
Preventing mental ill-health and improving mental health can be complex, requiring community-wide strategies as well as strategies targeted to groups known to be at increased risk.
We are committed to improving the mental health and wellbeing of Western Australians.
We are working with others to:
- Increase knowledge of strategies for staying mentally healthy
- Shape environments conducive to good mental health
- Create opportunities for social inclusion and connectedness
- Improve public understanding of the catalysts of good mental health
- Reduce social harms (bullying, discrimination)
- Improve knowledge of how to seek help when needed.