We are committed to improving the mental health and wellbeing of Western Australians.
Having social connections, good personal relationships and being part of a community are vital to maintaining mental health.
The right foundations for mental wellbeing must be built wherever people live, learn, work and play.
Preventing mental ill-health and improving mental health can be complex, requiring community-wide strategies as well as strategies targeted to groups known to be at increased risk.
We are working with others to
- Increase knowledge of strategies for staying mentally healthy
- Shape environments conducive to good mental health
- Create opportunities for social inclusion and connectedness
- Improve public understanding of the catalysts of good mental health
- Reduce social harms (bullying, discrimination)
- Improve knowledge of how to seek help when needed.