Eligible organisations are defined as:
- Sport: organisations with capacity to deliver health promotion outcomes through sport or active recreation for the purposes of achieving increased physical activity.
- Arts: organisations with capacity to deliver health promotion outcomes involving arts and cultural programs or activities that provide opportunities for people to participate in, or to gain new experiences.
- Racing: organisations with capacity to deliver health promotion outcomes through motor car or motorcycle racing.
- Community Events: organisations with capacity to deliver health promotion outcomes through events that encourage broad community engagement.
- Community Based Activities: organisations delivering health promotion outcomes through sport, recreation, arts, cultural, or racing programs or facilities.
- Camps, conferences, uniforms and club owned playing equipment.
- Capital works, equipment, fundraising, purchase of infrastructure or costs associated with
- running an organisation.
- Boxing or any activity that allows the deliberate targeting of the head within the rules.
- The advancement or promotion of a religion or religious outlook or the recruitment of people to a religion.
- The advancement or promotion of a political organisation or political outlook.
- Overseas/interstate travel and tours, or activity occurring outside WA.
- School activities that form part of the core curriculum.
- Auspiced funding arrangements.
For applications up to $5,000, organisations are required to agree to Healthway’s Conditions of Funding. A Conditions of Funding document that has been signed by the person(s) legally able to enter contracts must be attached to your application.
For applications over $5,000, organisations are required to legally execute a Partnership Program Agreement that formally describes the responsibilities of the recipient of any funding from Healthway. If your application is successful, this process will be detailed for you in the Letter of Offer that will be send out. Please review the Agreement on our website.
One you are ready to apply please ensure you have completed all of the following steps:
The Healthy Partnership Team are available to provide support through the application process. Please call 133 777 if you require assistance
- Generally, we will not provide organisations with more than one partnership per year
- Applicants seeking support for multiple programs or events should plan ahead and include all activities in an application for an annual partnership
- In exceptional circumstances where an organisation might run two very different types of events, for example, a community program and an elite championship, more than one application in a 12-month period may be considered.
All applications are assessed by Healthway staff and recommendations are approved by the Board and Minister for Health.
- Application decisions can take around five months, though some decisions can take longer.
- Please allow sufficient time for planning and preparation of your project, as inadequate lead-time may reduce the chances of your application being successful.
Following the assessment and approval processes, we will notify you of the outcome of your application.
For grant funding up to $5,000: If successful, we will send you an Approval Letter to confirm the funded amount and the health promotion message.
For grant funding over $5,000: If successful, we will send you a Letter of Offer detailing the funding and the next steps required to commence your project.
Your organisation must be willing to execute a Partnership Program Agreement that formally describes the responsibilities of the recipient of any funding from Healthway. Please review the Agreement on our website.
- All funding is paid through an electronic funds transfer to the bank account provided in your application. Please ensure that the account details are always kept up to date.
- Generally, for grant funding up to $5,000 the full amount will be paid once the grant is approved as long as there are no outstanding requirements.
- For grant funding over $5,000, the monies will be paid in accordance with a milestone payment schedule which is included in the Agreement. The first payment will be subject to any outstanding requirements. Further payments are then made on the satisfactory completion of stated milestones.
Unsuccessful applicants are encouraged to contact Healthway Partnership Team members for feedback. We may be able to work with you to develop your next application.
- It is a condition of applying for Healthway funds that applicants acknowledge acceptance of the assessment criteria and funding conditions.
- We will provide you with written advice about the funding decision, and you are encouraged to discuss any concerns with the Healthway team in the first instance.
- Following this, if you remain dissatisfied with the decision you may request a review by writing to the CEO. The letter is to be signed by the organisation’s Chairperson, CEO or authorised delegate and include the reason for the request as well as what resolution is sought. Healthway will advise applicants of the outcome as soon as possible.
- A request for a review will not impact on the consideration of any subsequent applications.
- We approve partnership funding on the basis of information provided in the application
- The partnership may be withdrawn should circumstances arise where a partnership event cannot proceed as proposed in the application, or the partnership benefits as proposed in the application are no longer available
- In most cases, monies already paid in relation to the event need to be repaid. However, we may consider other partnership opportunities to be substituted as an alternative if they are assessed as providing health promotion returns of similar value and occur within a similar time period
- For the cancellation of events in extenuating circumstances that are beyond your control, we will meet any commitments already expended following receipt of supporting financial information.