We work in partnership with community organisations to create a healthy and more active Western Australia. Our funding is prioritised to the health issues and population groups outlined in our Strategic Plan, Active Healthy People: 2018-2023.
- Fund activities related to the promotion of good health in general and aligned with our strategic priorities and population groups
- Support projects that aim to increase individual knowledge and skills, change behaviour, and create community and organisational policies and environments to improve health.
Our Health Promotion Project Grants fund a range of activities and campaigns to promote and encourage healthy lifestyles for all Western Australians.
Our priority areas:
- Increasing healthy eating
- Improving mental health
- Increasing physical activity
- Preventing harm from alcohol
- Creating a smoke-free WA.
Applications for innovative, sustainable projects that reach these target groups are strongly encouraged.
Our health promotion project categories
Grants offered to support community-based incorporated organisations to pilot or deliver small health promotion programs and activities, typically over a three to twelve-month period. Applications must be received at least five calendar months prior to the commencement of the project
Grants are offered to incorporated organisations to pilot or expand an evidence-based and innovative health promotion program. Projects may vary in size and can address health issues at a population or state level.
Projects can be up to three years and applications must be received at least four months prior to the commencement of the project.
Grants of up to $10,000 offered to support Aboriginal incorporated organisations or community-based incorporated organisations to pilot or deliver small health promotion programs and activities, typically over a three to twelve-month period, within Aboriginal communities. Applications must be received at least five calendar months prior to the commencement of the project
Relevant documents and information:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Application Guidelines and Forms
- Up to $10,000 Aboriginal Health Promotion Evaluation Form
- Under $5,000 Health Promotion Project Evaluation Form
- Over $5,000 Health Promotion Project Evaluation Form
Talk to us about your application:
Contact our health promotion team who will provide support and advise you on how to apply.
Telephone: 133 777
Image: UWA Man V Fat Health Promotion Project.