The application portal is now open.
Healthway is offering up to $4,000 in funding to Western Australian community sporting clubs competing in a recognised winter 2019 sporting competition.
Healthway has engaged the services of the WA School Canteen Association to achieve the following objectives:
- Increase healthy food options at club run canteens or kiosks
- Reduce sugary drinks sold within club run canteens or kiosks
- Reduce, wherever possible, the promotion of unhealthy messages or brands which undermine Healthway objectives
- Improve club member awareness of healthy eating choices
- Educate and up-skill canteen managers and/or staff in offering healthy food and drinks in community sporting venues.
Through the program the WA School Canteen Association will provide free training and work with around 150 clubs across the season to prepare healthier menus.
The Healthy Sporting Club Program Application Guidelines provide details on how to apply.
For more information or to disucss your club’s application please contact Michelle Riekie from WA School Canteen Association on 9264 4999 or email Michelle.Riekie@education.wa.edu.au.
Applications can be lodged through Healthway’s eApplication Form via the website portal on Wednesday 10 April 2019, and will remain open until 12 noon on Friday 17 May 2019.
Healthway works in partnership to build a healthy and more active Western Australia. The Healthy Sporting Club Program supports one of our five key priority areas, increasing healthy eating. Some of the strategies we apply are:
- Reducing children’s exposure to marketing of unhealthy food
- Encouraging healthy eating habits from a young age
- Improving public awareness of healthy eating choices.