Our 2020 Healthy Venues Grants are coming soon!
Healthy Venue Grants of up to $5,000 will aim to increase healthy food and drink choices and reduce children’s exposure to marketing of unhealthy food in the local community and State-owned sport and recreation centres.
Healthway is offering funding of up to $5,000 per food and drink outlet to eligible Local Government or State-owned sport and/or recreational venues to achieve the following objectives:
- Increase the availability of healthy food and drink choices
- Increase the promotion, and where possible, the sale of healthy food and drink choices
- Remove the promotion of unhealthy food and drink choices
- Increase knowledge of healthy food and drink choices
- Provide a healthy and sustainable environment through healthy food and drink policies.
In addition to the above, the funding will also help local Health Service Providers, local community venues, venue operators, and WA School Canteen Association Inc. work together in partnership to create healthier venues.
To be eligible for this funding, you must:
- Be a Local Government entity or State-owned sport and recreation venue located in the Perth metropolitan area
- Provide and manage a retail food and drink outlet(s) at your venue/s. If your venue has a retail food and drink outlet that is managed by a third party, you must provide a written commitment to the Healthy Venues Project from the food service manager who is contracted to provide retail food at your venue.
- Be prepared to work towards meeting all requirements of funding that are outlined in the Healthy Venues Guidelines.
A Local Government or State-owned facility is not eligible for funding if you have previously received funding from us for the same purpose.
The amount of Healthy Venue funding provided will depend on:
- The size of your venue/s
- The number of food and drink outlets within the venue
- Ability to reach our priority target groups
- Alignment to the Healthy Venues objectives.
For venues operating more than one food and drink outlet, your application will need to include all of the outlets within the venue. Funding of up to $5,000 will be available per food and drink outlet.
Our funding must be used to achieve Healthy Venues objectives.
This may include developing and implementing a range of promotional, educational or environmental strategies specifically to increasing healthy food and drink choices, and reducing the promotion of unhealthy options.