Healthway’s five year vision for a healthy and active Western Australia is detailed in its new Strategic Plan Active Healthy People: 2018-2023.
Healthway’s future directions will be guided by five strategic priorities — increasing healthy eating, increasing physical activity, improving mental health, preventing harm from alcohol and creating a smoke-free WA.
Active Healthy People: 2018-2023 will be a valuable resource for organisations seeking to partner with Healthway to promote and facilitate good health and activities that encourage healthy lifestyles for all Western Australians.
Active Healthy People: 2018-2023 is aligned with and supports the objectives of other relevant Western Australian Government health promotion plans and strategies including:
- The Sustainable Health Review Final Report (April 2019)
- The WA Health Promotion Strategic Framework;
- WA Aboriginal Health and Wellbeing Framework;
- The Interim State Public Health Plan for WA; and
- The Mental Health Promotion, Mental Illness, and Alcohol and Other Drugs Prevention Plan.
Healthway thanks the many organisations and individuals who contributed to the development of these documents: