We know how important it is for us all to maintain good physical and mental health and wellbeing during this challenging time. Healthway and its partners are working together to adapt and share online health promotion activities and resources to support the health and wellbeing of our community.
This web page will be updated with links to resources, ideas and activities which you can use or adapt with family and colleagues. We’ll also be sharing this content through our newsletter, Facebook and Twitter communication channels, and work closely with our health partners to promote the messages below:
- Go for 2&5
- Think Mental Health
- Alcohol.Think Again
- Drug Aware and
- Make Smoking History
Online health promotion resources and activities
Mental health and wellbeing
- West Australian Music (WAM) created a resource hub to keep your passion for music alive. Find out more.
- Think Mental Health Be Positive. Be Connected. Be Active. is a campaign with resources and information to support the wellbeing of all Western Australians during COVID-19.
- North Midlands Project : Creative @ Home is now online. It’s a program for people to Act-Belong-Commit creatively while they’re in home isolation.
- West Australian Opera: Ghost Light Opera will be providing a platform to connect with each other, share the power of music, and try to help heal the soul in these challenging times. Watch and listen online every Saturday night from 7.30 pm.
- West Australian Opera with the support of Healthway and Act-Belong-Commit brings you Act-Belong-Commit Singing for Children. The lessons will be released every Friday through the WA Opera’s YouTube channel. Find out more.
- GolfWA has a fun challenge to help keep Junior Tour golfers engaged and active, while physically distancing. Starting on May 11 they will release one new activity each week, for five weeks. Find out more.
- Rugby WA released Activity and Well-Being journals to keep the community active and support positive headspace and encourage self-reflection during this crazy time. Find out more.
- WA Football Junior Football launched #WorkOutWednesday on their Facebook page. It will feature skills and drills from the coaching team every Wednesday. Find out more.
- KIDDO at Home: A toolkit of at-home resources for parents, carers, and teachers to engage in physical activity and fundamental movement skill development with their children, wherever they are we need to keep kids moving!
- Awesome Arts has great Teacher Resources for primary school children. As well, they are spreading the Go for 2 & 5 message of healthy eating through Creative Challenge residencies.
- Food Sensations: Foodbank WA is running weekly sessions of the Food Sensations program. The sessions cover healthy eating, label reading, budgeting, and meal planning.
- The Western Australian School Canteen Association’s Fuel to Go and Play team is offering free canteen or cafe menu reviews for community venues.
- LiveLighter Shop Smart Guide: The LiveLighter shopping guide will help you shop smarter not longer.
- Foodbank WA Superhero Foods: Online resources for teachers and health educators. This is a fun and fresh approach to nutrition education and cooking to empower children to make healthy lifestyle choices.
Need to talk to someone?
With the challenges that lie ahead, you may begin to feel overwhelmed. Talking to someone may help relieve feelings of anxiety and stress and provide a fresh perspective and strategies to help you cope with the situation. Visit the Mental Health Commission WA’s website for a list of suitable support numbers and services available to you.