Active Healthy People: 2018-2023 builds on Healthway’s proud history of funding health promotion programs and campaigns in the community, as well as health promotion research. Over the next five years Healthway’s activities and investments will be underpinned and informed by the following guiding principles:
- Target higher risk groups experiencing poor health outcomes
Healthway will work to promote health equity by focusing in particular on groups in the community with the greatest health need.
- Support evidence-based initiatives to deliver positive health outcomes
Healthway will fund programs and initiatives that are evidence-based and have the greatest potential to contribute to the achievement of a healthy and active WA.
- Fund practical research to foster public health innovation
Healthway will fund innovative and collaborative research that can demonstrate real potential to influence health promotion policy and practice, and build research capacity within WA.
- Improve measures of impact and provide strong returns for the WA community
Healthway will ensure our investments are thoroughly evaluated to allow us to monitor and report on the implementation, outcome and impact of our work and learn from and share the results.
- Partner with others to address the underlying causes of health problems
We will facilitate partnerships, knowledge sharing and capacity building with our health and non-health partners acknowledging that effective health promotion requires collaboration across all sectors to achieve common goals.
- Support the WA Government’s health promotion agenda
Healthway will work in partnership, supporting efforts to reduce the prevalence of chronic disease within WA.
Learn more about Healthway’s strategic priority areas and key actions.