Healthway funds activities related to the promotion of good health in general, with particular emphasis on young people.
Healthway operates under the Western Australian Health Promotion Foundation Act 2016. The Act defines the objects, functions and powers of Healthway and establishes a skills-based Board of Management. Healthway’s role defined in the Act, is to “promote and facilitate in Western Australia good health and activities which encourage healthy lifestyles.”
Healthway’s role is:
- to fund activities related to the promotion of good health in general with particular emphasis on young people; and
- to support sporting and arts activities which encourage healthy lifestyles and advance health promotion programmes; and
- to provide grants to organisations engaged in health promotion programmes; and
- to fund research relevant to health promotion; and
- to evaluate and report on the effectiveness of the performance of the Foundation in achieving health promotion activities.