Healthway’s 2020 Winter Healthy Sporting Club Program is now open.
Up to $4,000 in funding is available to Western Australian community sporting clubs to help increase healthy food and drink options at your club run canteen, kiosk or food service. To be eligible to apply in this funding round, clubs must be competing in a recognised winter 2020 sporting competition.
With the support of the WA School Canteen Association, we will help your sport club achieve the following:
- increase healthy food and drink options at club run canteens, kiosks or food services
- reduce sugary drinks sold at a club run canteen, kiosk or food service
- reduce the promotion of unhealthy messages or brands
- improve club member awareness of healthy eating choices
- educate and up-skill canteen managers and staff in offering healthy food and drinks in community sporting venues.
Through the program, the WA School Canteen Association will provide free training and work with clubs across the season to prepare healthier menus.
For details on how to apply download the Healthy Sporting Club Program Application Guidelines, and preview the example budget.
For more information or to discuss your club’s application please contact Healthway on 133 777. Apply now! Applications close 12noon, Friday 13 March 2020.